Welcome To Dr. Amy Haynes Naturopathic & IV Therapy Clinic
IV Therapy delivers nutrients via the bloodstream directly to cells, where they are immediately usable. These nutrients bypass the digestive system and liver, which means IV infusions can greatly impact those who have intestinal absorption or digestion issues and may not be properly absorbing nutrients. Higher concentrations of certain nutrients must be achieved in order for them to be pharmacologically active and benefit the body (Vitamin C is a good example). Intravenous administration allows these higher dosages to beneficially effect healing, without side effects. IV Therapy can be a critically important adjunctive therapy for many conditions, including:
- Poor immune function/autoimmune disease
- Chronic infections
- Migraines/cluster headaches
- Fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain
- Wound healing
- Liver diseases
- Neurogenerative diseases
The most common nutritional IV treatments we employ are:
- Myers’ Cocktail: This is a powerful blend of nutrients, used to treat many health conditions. The exact combination of ingredients may vary depending on the patient’s needs, but generally the Myers’ Cocktail contains Vitamins B-12, B-6, and B-5, Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium and Zinc.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a protein and potent antioxidant that is integral to the process of toxin elimination. Stomach acids and enzymes break oral glutathione down easily before it can be used. IV administration ensures delivery to the cells.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is a crucial component of a healthy immune system. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and is anti-inflammatory. However, megadoses of oral Vitamin C often cause stomach upset and diarrhea, and are not easily absorbed- most is excreted. IV therapy allows higher dosages to be administered, resulting in much higher and more beneficial levels of intracellular Vitamin C.