Northwest Natural Health offers intravenous (IV) vitamin and mineral infusion therapy as a safe, effective alternative or addition to taking oral medications and supplements. Intravenous infusion is particularly useful when re-establishing nutritional health after intense treatments, such as chemotherapy, and to address many other specific health issues, including multiple sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, hepatitis C, macular degeneration and more.
IV infusion has several major advantages over taking oral medications:
- IV therapy bypasses the digestive system, which is helpful when you’ve been having difficulty absorbing critical vitamins and nutrients.
- For some nutrients, higher doses can be given safely by intravenous therapy.
- IV infusion is an effective way to administer nutrients and other medications when disease or treatment side effects limit your ability to swallow pills or liquids.
Intravenous therapy protocols are available for the following:
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hepatitis C
- Macular degeneration
- Cardiac health
- Cancer treatments & recovery
- Radiation protection
- Diabetic Trace Minerals (MTE-4)
- Cold/flu/allergy (Myer’s Cocktail)
- Migraine headaches
IV infusion room location
The IV infusion room is located at our Ballard Clinic, overlooking the Puget Sound. It offers a peaceful, healing environment, with fresh air when weather permits, and Internet access so you can surf the Web during treatment.
IV therapy treatments are administered to the highest standards by our specially trained naturopathic physicians. If you are interested, at your next visit, ask your Northwest Natural Health doctor whether it is right for you. Please tell the scheduler you’ll need a little extra time — at no extra charge — to discuss it. If you decide to more forward, we’ll review your recent blood test data to make sure it’s safe and appropriate for you.
Intravenous therapy is not covered by insurance, but the preceding care often is. The cost is reasonable and dependent on your personalized care plan.